- Equities and bond volumes fall. Bid-ask spreads widened in equities on exchanges
- Primary equities: IPOs in Consumer Discretionary (Nasdaq) and Mining (NYSE) Apr 18
- Data: A week for earnings results e.g. Tesla and the initial Jobless Claims on Apr 20
- US Axe data seeing normal ranges but indicating the proportion of buying increasing
- Volumes overall fell. Yet, equities spreads are tighter compared to the end of Mar.
- UBS and Investor AB see historically high CDS levels.
- EU / UK data: UK unemployment rate, April 18; Inflation, CPI, and PPI data April 19
- EU Axe data in historical norms indicate a greater proportion of buying Vs selling activity